Waste Management (WM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Waste Management fell $1.48 (-4.5%) to $31.59 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16.7 million shares of Waste Management exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.07-$32.75 after having opened the day at $32.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.07. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Goldfield (GV), down 12.6%, Nobility Homes (NOBH), down 6.8%, Heckmann (HEK), down 4.6%, and Comstock (CHCI), down 4.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV