Westport Innovations (WPRT) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Westport Innovations rose 42 cents (1.3%) to $33.92 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Westport Innovations exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.84-$34.27 after having opened the day at $33.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.50. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: ATC Venture Group (ATC), up 11.1%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide (QTWW), up 9.2%, Navistar International (NAV), up 4.8%, and Monro Muffler/Brake (MNRO), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Westport Innovations Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WPRT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV