Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) recently concluded its successful official month of community service in June, which included the company’s Global Volunteer Initiative and the launch of its first annual Corporate Responsibility Report.
In 2011, Hyatt unveiled its global corporate responsibility platform, Hyatt Thrive, which is designed to help make communities places where Hyatt associates are proud to work, where guests want to visit, where neighbors want to live and where hotel owners want to invest. The platform is grounded in four key pillars that Hyatt believes are crucial to foster thriving communities: environmental sustainability, economic development and investment, education and personal advancement, and health and wellness.
Celebrating Hyatt Thrive
To celebrate the first year of Hyatt Thrive, Hyatt hotels and associates gave back to local communities throughout the month of June with Hyatt’s Global Volunteer Initiative, which brought associates from around the world together in a common effort to volunteer in their own neighborhoods.Some highlights include:
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta and Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead teamed up with The Global Soap Project, a new nonprofit that takes discarded soap from hotels and reprocesses it into new bars that can be distributed to locations around the world where soap is needed. While several Hyatt hotels already donate their soap through programs like The Global Soap Project, associates in Atlanta had the opportunity to make the new soap bars themselves.
- This year marks Hyatt Regency Cologne’s fifth year partnering with the Pestalozzi Schule Köln-Wahnheid, a school for disabled children. They welcomed 130 students to the hotel’s ballroom for a lunch-time celebration. Associates had a blast playing and singing with the students, who composed their own song called “The Hyatt Friendship Song,” which they’ve performed at the hotel every year since 2007. Associates in Cologne also plan to invite students to the hotel for a three-day internship program and to decorate the school on graduation day.
- Associates at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch teamed up with the hunger-fighting non-profit, Feed My Starving Children. Associates packed 67 boxes of nutritious rice packs, which will make 14,472 meals to feed 39 children for one year.
- Through the Ronald McDonald House, associates at Hyatt Regency Austin fed 60 families who have children with long-term illnesses. The associates put together a menu, cooked and served dinner.
- Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf associates put their culinary skills to the test as part of a Tag der offenen Tür (Open Day) event to benefit a children’s hospice, Regenbogenland (Rainbowland). Associates made crepes and provided them to visitors all day long who were able to enter a raffle for a free night at Grand Hyatt Berlin.
- Team members from Hyatt corporate headquarters and colleagues from area Hyatt hotels including Park Hyatt Chicago, Hyatt Regency Chicago and Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, joined together to improve Chicago’s Uptown neighborhood. Known as one of the most dense and ethnically diverse areas of the city, Hyatt volunteers partnered with a variety of organizations that are serving the needs of the Uptown community, including the American Indian Center, McCutcheon Elementary School, Alternatives Inc., and the Robert B. McCormick Boys and Girls Club. To see this year’s volunteer efforts, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV