PITTSBURGH, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- William M. Lambert, President and Chief Executive Officer of global safety equipment manufacturer MSA, Pittsburgh, Pa., has received the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Award in the manufacturing category for Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. In receiving the honor, Mr. Lambert is now eligible for the National Entrepreneur Of The Year Award, which will be announced in November of this year.
The award recognizes outstanding entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Mr. Lambert was selected by an independent panel of judges, and the award was presented to him at a special gala held recently at the Wyndham Grand Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh.
"I am very honored and humbled to receive this recognition from Ernst & Young," Mr. Lambert said. "When I think of entrepreneurs, I think of leaders who have a vision and are relentlessly committed to breathing life into that vision," he said. "MSA is a company that in two years will celebrate its 100 th anniversary. Centennial anniversaries and entrepreneurship are two words you rarely hear used in the same sentence. So while this award is somewhat of a surprise, it is a great honor for me and for all of the associates of MSA who work exceptionally hard every day to help keep our customers safe in the workplace."Mr. Lambert was elected CEO of MSA in 2008 and, like other business leaders at that time, was challenged by the onset of one of the most difficult economic periods in history. However, with guidance from a supportive Board of Directors, an experienced management team, and the deployment of several difficult but necessary measures, MSA was able to weather the economic storm and emerge as an even stronger organization.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV