LSB Industries, Inc. (the “Company”) (NYSE: LXU) released an update on progress in certain areas of its chemical facilities located in El Dorado, Arkansas (“El Dorado Facility”) and Pryor, Oklahoma (“Pryor Facility”).
El Dorado Facility
The Company announced on May 15, 2012 that the El Dorado Facility suffered major damage to its DSN 98% concentrated nitric acid (“DSN”) plant and peripheral damage to other plants at that location. On June 5, 2012, the Company provided an assessment of the damages and its plan to resume production at the El Dorado Facility. As planned, we restarted regular nitric acid and ammonium nitrate production, on a partial basis in June, and we are on track to increase that production during July and August, as various plants are brought back on-line, as per our originally announced timetable.
Following is a detailed update:
- DSN concentrated nitric acid plant – We have determined that repair of this plant is not feasible. The Company intends to replace the nitric acid production capacity lost by this event with a new nitric acid plant. Engineering is underway to determine the specification for the new acid plant. Before the May 15 th event, the DSN concentrated nitric acid plant produced approximately 20% of the nitric acid manufactured at the El Dorado Facility.
- Other “regular” nitric acid plants – The three other nitric acid plants, which produce approximately 80% of the nitric acid at the El Dorado Facility in concentrations from 56% to 63%, sustained less damage and are being brought back on-line. The first of these three nitric acid plants has returned to full production, and the other two should restart later this month and August.
- Ammonium Nitrate Prill plants – Both the high density and low density ammonium nitrate prill plants are ready for full production as acid production continues to be restored. These prill plants are currently operating at less than full capacity due to limited availability of feedstock.
- Sulfuric acid plant – Production at this plant should resume before year end. Before the May 15 th event, sulfuric acid was approximately 8% of the El Dorado Facility sales.
- Transportation – All loading and unloading facilities are fully operational.
- Control systems – The temporary nitric acid control room is operational and plans are being prepared for a new permanent control facility.
- General – Repairs to the permanent electrical service and various support facilities are nearing completion.
- Insurance - The Company is continuing to work with its insurance carriers and is making good progress.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV