- DSN concentrated nitric acid plant – We have determined that repair of this plant is not feasible. The Company intends to replace the nitric acid production capacity lost by this event with a new nitric acid plant. Engineering is underway to determine the specification for the new acid plant. Before the May 15 th event, the DSN concentrated nitric acid plant produced approximately 20% of the nitric acid manufactured at the El Dorado Facility.
- Other “regular” nitric acid plants – The three other nitric acid plants, which produce approximately 80% of the nitric acid at the El Dorado Facility in concentrations from 56% to 63%, sustained less damage and are being brought back on-line. The first of these three nitric acid plants has returned to full production, and the other two should restart later this month and August.
- Ammonium Nitrate Prill plants – Both the high density and low density ammonium nitrate prill plants are ready for full production as acid production continues to be restored. These prill plants are currently operating at less than full capacity due to limited availability of feedstock.
- Sulfuric acid plant – Production at this plant should resume before year end. Before the May 15 th event, sulfuric acid was approximately 8% of the El Dorado Facility sales.
- Transportation – All loading and unloading facilities are fully operational.
- Control systems – The temporary nitric acid control room is operational and plans are being prepared for a new permanent control facility.
- General – Repairs to the permanent electrical service and various support facilities are nearing completion.
- Insurance - The Company is continuing to work with its insurance carriers and is making good progress.
LSB Industries, Inc. Reports Progress On El Dorado, Arkansas And Pryor, Oklahoma Chemical Facilities
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.