Carmike Cinemas (CKEC) is a motion picture exhibitor in the U.S. This stock is trading up 3.3% at $15.21 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 243,000Average Volume: 278,468 Volume % Change: 61%. From a technical perspective, CKEC is bouncing hard right off some near-term support at $14.50 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing CKEC within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once CKEC takes out some overhead resistance levels at $15.16 and then $15.80 with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades once CKEC sustains a move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 278,468 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CKEC should setup to re-test and possibly take out its 2010 high of $19. On the flipside, I would avoid this stock or look for short-biased trades if it fails to trigger that breakout, and then moves back below its 50-day moving average at $14.25 with high-volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV