Updated from 11:24 a.m. EST to include information on Groupon in the sixth paragraph and updated share prices.
Barbara Stymiest, chairwoman of RIM's board, acknowledged the investor concerns that have seen the company's stock plunge almost 50% this year. "The company's performance this year has not met expectations," she said. "We understand that shareholders are frustrated."
Apple (AAPL) shares fell despite UBS analyst Steven Milunovich initiating coverage on the iPhone maker on Tuesday. He rates Apple shares "buy" with a $740.00 price target."The pattern in four of the last five iPhone introductions is for the stock to consolidate before and after the intro then take off. Although earnings growth should slow, the low valuation suggests more price upside if Apple beats estimates," Milunovich wrote in a note to clients. Apple shares dipped 0.62% on Wednesday to $604.43. Groupon (GRPN) reached an all-time low of $7.72 on Wednesday before closing at $7.77. Shares have fallen about 70% since its initial public offering in November. Citi Research analyst Mark Mahaney cut his price target from $22 to $19 in an Internet earnings preview note. Mahaney expressed concern about European exposure for Groupon and several large cap Internet stocks, but lowered his price target primarily on gross margin concerns. Shares of Netflix (NFLX) have soared 19.21% since CEO Reed Hastings announced that subscribers streamed over 1 billion hours of content in June. Netflix continued to jump on Wednesday, rising 1.76% to $81.64. --Written by Nathalie Pierrepont in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. >Contact by Email. Follow @nrpierrepont
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV