TORONTO, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LIOX), a leading provider of translation solutions today announced that it has been selected to present at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) during Microsoft's session "Gateway to a Gold Mine: Winning the Global Market with the Latest Breakthrough from Microsoft Translator Cloud Services" taking place Wednesday July 11th at 2:00 pm.
In the session Lionbridge executives will present how the Company is using Microsoft Translator Hub, a breakthrough new translation technology being launched at WPC, to expand its GeoFluent real-time translation offering. Session attendees will learn how to use this cloud-based translation offering to:
- Open up new commercial opportunities in any vertical that has multilingual customers or content
- Increase reach in local markets worldwide by engaging customers and prospects instantly in the language of their choice
- Reduce support costs by allowing English-speaking employees and agents to interact and support customers across the globe instantly in their native language
- Enhance customer satisfaction by providing multilingual online communities and forums where customers and partners can help support each other regardless of language or geography.
- Improve SEO in global markets by generating rich and locally-relevant online community content across geographies
"Lionbridge has done a remarkable job with GeoFluent," said Vikram Dendi, director of product management and strategy at Microsoft Research. "This is a great example of how a company can harness the power of the Microsoft Translator Hub to create a high quality and customized translation offering for their customers."
Lionbridge GeoFluent is an on-demand translation platform that integrates Lionbridge's cloud-based language customization solutions with market-leading statistical machine translation engines, including Microsoft Translator. GeoFluent delivers significant value for enterprises that require quality, real-time translation of user-generated content such as enterprise social communities, forum discussions and online chat sessions.