NEW YORK, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., a unit of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. (NYSE:OPY), is pleased to announce that Lewis Silberman has been promoted to Head of Institutional Sales for New York. Lewis will continue to work out of Oppenheimer's global headquarters at 85 Broad Street in New York City. He reports to John Hellier, Senior Managing Director, Head of Equities.
"Lewis has served Oppenheimer with integrity and passion for 12 years," said Mr. Hellier. "His professionalism and terrific client relationships have been significant to the success of our equities business throughout this period. I look forward to working closely with Lewis in his new role, as he embarks on the next phase of his career here at Oppenheimer."
Mr. Silberman commented, "I am honored and excited to lead a team of exceptional salespeople. We have an outstanding research product and highly visible and entrepreneurial platform. Our opportunity in the marketplace is substantial, and I expect it to expand."
He will work closely with his senior sales colleagues in other regions and with senior management in New York to enhance the firm's daily offering, internal dissemination and communication of investment ideas and the cross-selling of the full suite of equity-related products. In addition, Mr. Silberman will retain certain of his account coverage responsibilities.Mr. Silberman has both a Bachelor's and Master's degree from the Stern School of Business at New York University. Before he joined Oppenheimer, he worked at PaineWebber. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (Oppenheimer), a principal subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. (OPY on the New York Stock Exchange), provides a full range of wealth management, securities brokerage and investment banking services to high-net-worth individuals, families, corporate executives, local governments, businesses and institutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV