HMS, a wholly owned subsidiary of HMS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:HMSY), announced today that it has been awarded a contract by the State of Alaska, Department of Health & Social Services, Division of Health Care Services (DHCS) to provide comprehensive post-payment recovery and cost avoidance services, including insurance policy identification, verification, and maintenance; Medicare A & B recoupments; primary billing services; provider overpayment recovery; credit balance audits; TriCare and commercial insurance recovery; and Health Insurance Premium Payment (HIPP) program administration.
The contract runs through June 30, 2014 with three one-year renewal options.
HMS has performed third party liability services on behalf of Alaska for over 20 years. Over the course of the most recent contract term from July 1, 2007—June 30, 2012, HMS provided DHCS with more than $49 million in recoveries and generated $35 million more in cost avoidance savings.
About HMSHMS is the nation's leader in coordination of benefits and program integrity services for healthcare payers. HMS's clients include health and human services programs in more than 40 states; commercial programs, including commercial plans, employers, and over 135 Medicaid managed care plans; the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); and Veterans Administration facilities. As a result of the company's services, clients recovered over $2.5 billion in 2011, and saved nearly $7 billion through the prevention of erroneous payments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV