Veolia ES Solid Waste, Inc., the solid waste division of Veolia Environmental Services North America Corp. (VESNA), today announced the introduction of a fleet of compressed natural gas (CNG) powered refuse trucks to its Waunakee, Wisconsin, service area. A ceremony attended by Wisconsin officials, Veolia executives and members of the Waunakee community was held today at the Veolia ES Solid Waste – Waunakee location to celebrate the company’s new fleet and CNG fueling station.
Veolia ES Solid Waste introduced a new fleet of compressed natural gas (CNG) powered refuse trucks to its Waunakee, Wisconsin, service area. (Photo: Business Wire)
“We are very proud to be the first private sector company to bring CNG technology to the state of Wisconsin,” said Jim Long, president and CEO of Veolia ES Solid Waste, Inc. “Having been based in Milwaukee for many years and with a long history serving customers throughout Wisconsin, this investment is extremely meaningful for us.”
Veolia has invested in 13 new CNG-powered trucks and a CNG fueling infrastructure that includes 48 fueling bays, allowing for future expansion of the fleet as required to support the community’s needs. “This fleet of CNG trucks will serve over 25,000 households across the greater Madison area, as well as the single-stream recycling needs of over 5,000 commercial and industrial customers across Dane, Green and Sauk counties,” explained Long.
Customers will immediately notice the new fleet out on the streets. The truck bodies are wrapped with eye-catching decals showcasing the city of Madison. More importantly, the new CNG trucks run approximately 15 percent (8-10 decibels) quieter than trucks powered with diesel engines, reducing the noise trucks generate while on route. The trucks also come equipped with automated collection systems that increase efficiency and protect the safety of drivers by keeping them in the cab instead of on the curb.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV