Updated from July 12 to include expected stock price reaction for Amazon and LinkedIn.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Even with the global economy slowing due to weakening numbers out of China and continued austerity measures in Europe, Citigroup likes Amazon (AMZN), Priceline (PCLN) and LinkedIn (LNKD) as its top three large cap Internet names for the second-quarter earnings season.
Analyst Mark Mahaney believes that valuations for the Internet names are now "neutral," as he slashed second-quarter and full-year earnings estimates for Amazon, Priceline, LinkedIn, as well as
(EBAY), explaining that "
Despite these concerns, the analyst says that recent weakness in the price action of certain names is providing attractive entry points, as earnings season kicks off.Here are Citigroup's top three Internet large cap names for the second quarter earnings season of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV