Standard Register (NYSE: SR), a leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications, today provided an update on pension funding expectations for 2012 through 2014 based on provisions of the highway reauthorization legislation signed into law last week.
Standard Register had previously expected pension contributions for 2012 through 2014 to total $112 million. With relief provided by the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21 st Century Act (MAP-21), commonly referred to as the highway bill, the Company expects to reduce the total by approximately $17 million, to $95 million.
|(Dollars in millions)|
|Previously expected pension contribution||$||27||$||38||$||47||$||112|
|Estimated pension contribution under MAP-21||$||23||$||30||$||42||$||95|
MAP-21 provides pension plan sponsors with funding relief by stabilizing interest rates used to determine required funding contributions to defined benefit plans. The new legislation allows the use of a 25-year average corporate bond rate adjusted to the applicable corridor rather than a 2-year average rate as required under the prior law to calculate funding requirements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV