SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL), a worldwide leader in integrated silicon solutions, today announced that OnLive is using the ARMADA ® 1500 HD Media SoC to power on-demand gaming in Google TVs and Google TV devices. OnLive delivers hundreds of high-end video games directly from the cloud to PCs, Macs, TVs, tablets and now, leveraging the ARMADA 1500 chipset, to Google TV, with no game console necessary.
"I believe this is a major breakthrough that demonstrates Google TV's progress in addressing the interactive big screen for any type of live content. We are thrilled to collaborate with OnLive in transforming any TV with gaming capabilities," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "Together with our customers and partners across the ecosystem, Marvell is leading and driving a new era of the digital lifestyle by seamlessly delivering all the interactive content to any screen and devices with better performance, affordability and versatility for the mass markets."
"OnLive's focus is to make the highest quality gaming accessible to everyone, anywhere and anytime they want it. With Marvell under the hood, we are able to deliver the highest-quality, on-demand gaming experience on groundbreaking devices and systems like Google TV," said Steve Perlman, OnLive Founder and CEO. "The ARMADA 1500 is an impressively high-performance, low-power SoC that accommodates OnLive's highly advanced technology and delivers a mind-blowing gaming experience."Both Marvell and OnLive are aligned in their vision of supporting best-in-class smart devices and providing the ultimate user experience. To that end, the OnLive® Game Service is now integrated with next-generation Google TVs and stream players that offer video games on demand with just a few clicks of the OnLive Wireless Controller or any Google TV-compatible controller, eliminating the need for users to own an independent game console.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV