"NASCAR was impressed with the number of skilled automotive technicians Universal Technical Institute was graduating and employing each year," said Todd Armstrong, managing director, NASCAR Automotive Group. "NASCAR contacted UTI about a potential partnership to design a one-of-a-kind, NASCAR-approved technologies curriculum that better prepared students to enter the motorsports industry, and NASCAR Tech was founded. As a result, this partnership has delivered thousands of well-trained and professional entry-level technicians to both the motorsports and automotive industries for nearly a decade."
During the past 10 years, NASCAR Tech has also been an integral part of the community and has given back through several different initiatives. In 2010, NASCAR Tech volunteered more than 10,000 hours to more than 50 organizations. Staff and students roll up their sleeves several times a year, donating more than 600 pints of blood annually for the American Red Cross and the Carolina Blood Center.
A true community partner, the campus has received many awards for its volunteerism and blood donations including:
- 2011 Community Service Award from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- 2010 NASCAR Diversity Affairs Award
- 2010 Motorsports Industry Award from the North Carolina Motorsports Association
- 2008 through 2011 Most Whole Blood Donated-Single Location Award from the Community Blood Center of the Carolinas
- 2007 Duke Power Citizenship and Service Award from the Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce
Download the NASCAR Tech Infographic with highlights of NASCAR Tech's history and graduate spotlights. To keep up with NASCAR Tech news, follow the campus on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NASCARtech or on Twitter at @NASCARTechUTI.
About Universal Technical Institute, Inc.Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (NYSE: UTI) is the leading provider of post-secondary education for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians. With more than 160,000 graduates in its 47-year history, UTI offers undergraduate degree, diploma and certificate programs at 11 campuses across the United States, as well as manufacturer-specific training programs at dedicated training centers. Through its campus-based school system, UTI provides specialized post-secondary education programs under the banner of several well-known brands, including Universal Technical Institute (UTI), Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) and NASCAR Technical Institute (NASCAR Tech). For more information visit www.uti.edu. Like UTI on www.facebook.com/UTI or follow UTI on Twitter @UTITweet, @MMITweet, and @NASCARTechUTI.About NASCARThe National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for one of North America's premier sports. NASCAR races are broadcast in more than 150 countries and in 20 languages. In the U.S., races are broadcast on FOX, TNT, ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, SPEED and SiriusXM Satellite Radio. NASCAR fans are among the most brand loyal in all of sports, and as a result more Fortune 100 companies participate in NASCAR than any other sport. NASCAR consists of three national series (the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series), four regional series, and one local grassroots series, as well as three international series. Also part of NASCAR is GRAND-AM Road Racing, known for its competition on road courses with multiple classes of cars. NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races at 100 tracks in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. Based in Daytona Beach, Fla., NASCAR has offices in eight cities across North America. For more information and a complete schedule, visit www.nascar.com. Follow NASCAR on www.facebook.com/NASCAR or on Twitter: @NASCAR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV