Procter & Gamble (PG)
The consumer products giant wasted no time getting its Olympic ads out there and was airing its heartstring-tugging tribute to soccer and gymnastics moms by Mother's Day. That was bolstered with online profiles of Olympic parents including U.S. gymnast Shawn Johnson's mother and U.S. swimmer Ryan Lochte's mom. If you're wondering when they're going to start selling you product, just check out Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps' attempt to swim Americans clear of dandruff in the video above.
You won't see Apple (AAPL) and the iPad on the podium this Olympics, nor will you see Microsoft's (MSFT) Surface anywhere near the medals ceremony. Nope, that kind of honor is reserved for a company best known for making netbooks. You know, like laptops but smaller? Yeah, nobody else got it either, which is why Acer will be plugging away for its A510 Olympic Games Edition Tablet as it supplies all of the computing equipment for this year's games. Will it get average consumers to stop using "iPad" as a genericized tablet trademark or critics to stop using it as the reference point for every new tablet that comes along? Let's just say the athletes aren't the only ones dreaming big at these games.
Sepia-toned athletic drama? Thousands of screaming fans? Morgan Freeman narrating it all? Yep, that's about par for Visa, which has been an Olympic sponsor for a quarter-century and has some idea of how this game is played. Go big, go global and go remind everyone that your credit card is accepted in all sorts of exciting and dramatic places around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV