NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Companies don't care if you watch the 2012 London Olympics this summer: They're going to market them to you all the same.
The Olympics aren't cheap. Early estimates put the cost of this summer's games in London between $15 billion and $18 billion. The security budget alone doubled to $900 million from $450 million since initial tallies were made. Those kinds of costs require partnerships with some of the biggest corporations the world has to offer and lots of cash from those businesses in exchange for their names and logos plastered all over the event.
This means lots of Olympic-themed commercials, lots of air time and lots of awkward parallels drawn between athletes and the products their images are pitching. We took a look at the London 2012 partner roster and found 10 companies whose commercials and images you won't be able to escape until the closing ceremonies:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV