Recent third party testing proves what the industry has known for decades — there is no substitute for Falk ® Steelflex ® grid couplings. Testing was conducted on Falk Steelflex, Lovejoy and Dodge grid couplings to quantify differences in performance and durability, and understand the affects on coupling performance when one branded part is interchanged with another.
The tests prove Falk Steelflex grid couplings offer the lowest total cost of ownership by standing up to impact loading and misalignment much longer than the competition.
“The tests found that Falk Steelflex grid couplings are 4.7x more durable than Dodge’s grid coupling and 16x more durable than Lovejoy’s,” explained Charlie Kopplin, Global Product Manager, Couplings. “This saves the customer time and money through fewer replacements, less frequent inspections and less hub damage.”
Although Dodge, Lovejoy and other competitors market their grid elements as “fit-for-fit” or interchangeable with Falk Steelflex grid elements, the tests show that doing so will reduce durability by 87.5 percent.“Our customers have told us for decades that Falk Steelflex is the only grid coupling they can trust to keep their operations running. These tests demonstrate what many of our customers already know — even though many grid couplings look similar, a huge gap in performance remains between brands,” added Kopplin. “Although interchanging parts between coupling brands will transfer torque initially, the durability and performance of the Falk Steelflex coupling will be compromised.” To learn more about the details of the testing, go to www.rexnord.com/steelflex, and review the updated Falk Steelflex grid coupling page, white papers and brochure. As the market leader and trusted brand for couplings for more than 80 years, customers have come to depend on Falk Steelflex grid couplings for outstanding value and dependable performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV