Discovery Communications (DISCA) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Discovery Communications fell $1.21 (-2.4%) to $50.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of Discovery Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.99-$51.98 after having opened the day at $51.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.46. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: Charm Communications (CHRM), down 7.1%, Focus Media (FMCN), down 6.9%, AirMedia Group (AMCN), down 6.5%, and ChinaNet Online Holdings (CNET), down 4.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Discovery Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DISCA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV