Whirlpool Corporation (WHR): Today's Featured Consumer Durables Loser
Whirlpool Corporation (WHR) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Whirlpool Corporation fell $1.24 (-2%) to $60.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Whirlpool Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.07-$62.57 after having opened the day at $62.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.90. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Helen of Troy (HELE), down 13.5%, Stanley Furniture Company (STLY), down 4.6%, Deer Consumer Products (DEER), down 4.6%, and Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS), down 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Whirlpool Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV