Halliburton Company (HAL): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
Halliburton Company (HAL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company fell 64 cents (-2.2%) to $28.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13.7 million shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.08-$29.45 after having opened the day at $29.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company (JRCC), down 24.7%, GeoGlobal Resources (GGR), down 18.2%, Jaguar Mining (JAG), down 17.3%, and BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 12.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Halliburton Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV