US Airways Group (LCC) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, US Airways Group rose 42 cents (3.1%) to $13.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.8 million shares of US Airways Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.36-$13.96 after having opened the day at $13.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.49. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Danaos Corporation (DAC), up 7.4%, Air T (AIRT), up 4.4%, Southwest Airlines (LUV), up 4.2%, and DS Torm (TRMD), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full US Airways Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV