Mobile Telesystems OJSC (MBT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Mobile Telesystems OJSC rose 13 cents (0.8%) to $17.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Mobile Telesystems OJSC exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.09-$17.32 after having opened the day at $17.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.10. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: City Telecom (CTEL), up 13.2%, Dialogic (DLGC), up 12.3%, magicJack VocalTec (CALL), up 9.3%, and Premiere Global Services (PGI), up 7.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Mobile Telesystems OJSC Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MBT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV