Southwest Airlines Co (LUV): Today's Featured Services Winner
Southwest Airlines (LUV) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines rose 39 cents (4.2%) to $9.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17.3 million shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $9.43-$9.77 after having opened the day at $9.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.24. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: SED International Holdings (SED), up 31.2%, LML Payment Systems (LMLP), up 9.7%, SmartPros (SPRO), up 8.2%, and Noah Education Holdings (NED), up 7.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV