Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ARNA): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Arena Pharmaceuticals rose 35 cents (3%) to $11.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 35 million shares of Arena Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.46-$12.07 after having opened the day at $11.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.46. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: K-V Pharmaceutical Company (KV.A), up 13.3%, Synageva BioPharma (GEVA), up 10.1%, K-V Pharmaceutical Company (KV.B), up 8.7%, and Chembio Diagnostics (CEMI), up 7.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Arena Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV