HJ Heinz Company (HNZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, HJ Heinz Company rose 72 cents (1.3%) to $55.08 on average volume. Throughout the day, two million shares of HJ Heinz Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.56-$55.20 after having opened the day at $54.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.36. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Coldwater Creek (CWTR), up 53.6%, Origin Agritech (SEED), up 17%, Teucrium Agricultural Fund (TAGS), up 12.9%, and Tufco Technologies (TFCO), up 11.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full HJ Heinz Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV