Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners rose 71 cents (0.9%) to $82.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 512,938 shares of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 702,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.80-$82.78 after having opened the day at $82.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.92. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Patriot Coal Corporation (PCX), up 126.2%, Cereplast (CERP), up 10.6%, A Schulman (SHLM), up 8.7%, and Comstock Mining (LODE), up 8.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KMP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV