ST. LOUIS, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON) today announced a $500 million public debt offering, with $250 million in 10-year bonds and $250 million in 30-year bonds.
The 10-year notes will be issued at 99.884 percent and bear interest at 2.20 percent, resulting in a yield of 2.21 percent. These notes mature on July 15, 2022 with a first interest payment date of January 15, 2013.
The 30-year notes will be issued at 99.854 percent and bear interest at 3.60 percent, resulting in a yield of 3.61 percent. These notes mature on July 15, 2042 with a first interest payment date of January 15, 2013.
The proceeds from the debt offering will be used for general corporate purposes and to refinance an existing $486 million of maturing debt due August 15, 2012.Monsanto's shelf registration was filed and became effective in November, 2011. About Monsanto Company Monsanto Company is a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. To learn more about our business and our commitments, please visit: www.monsanto.com. Follow our business on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/MonsantoNews, on the company blog, Beyond the Rows at www.monsantoblog.com, or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed. Contact: Media - Kathleen Manning (314-694-4554)
SOURCE Monsanto Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV