Black Enterprise Magazine named Exelon one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity for 2012, marking the fifth time in six years the company has earned this honor. Exelon was selected for its diversity and inclusion performance in four areas: employee base, senior management, board of directors and supplier diversity.
“We are honored to receive this recognition,” said Ruth Ann M. Gillis, executive vice president and chief administrative and diversity officer of Exelon Corporation and president of Exelon Business Services Company. “We believe Exelon succeeds as a diverse and inclusive team. A culture that recognizes our similarities and embraces our differences promotes innovation, makes for more engaged employees and yields better informed business decisions.”
Exelon continues to build on its diversity and inclusion strategy to positively impact its employees, management, suppliers, and the communities it serves. Among its notable diversity and inclusion achievements last year, Exelon:
- Obtained $118 million in credit agreements with 30 minority and community banks — a 26 percent increase from $94 million in 2010.
- Gave nearly $8.8 million in grants, representing 34 percent of its total philanthropic giving, to programs or organizations aligned with Exelon’s diversity and inclusion goals.
- Held more than 75 events through its diverse employee network groups, such as an online food and clothing drive that raised $90,000 for local food banks and charities.
In assessing each company for its diversity and inclusion practices, Black Enterprise Magazine gave greatest weight to the areas of supplier diversity and senior management. According to the magazine: “Our top 40 companies on this year’s roster are recognized as having solid track records in total procurement dollars spent among diverse suppliers and the strong practices mentoring a diverse supply chain network.”Exelon’s spending in 2011 with minority- and women-owned business suppliers topped $444 million, accounting for over 11 percent of the company’s procurement budget. Through its formal supplier diversity program, Exelon also places priority on partnering with community and minority-owned banks and legal and financial consulting firms that share its values of diversity and inclusion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV