Bank of America
Nearest Resistance: $8.20
Nearest Support: $7.55Catalyst: Technical Support Bounce >>8 Post-Downgrade Bank Stock Bargains Bank of America (BAC), is a perennial super-active stock, but it's seeing special attention today in part because of a test of technical support at $7.55. BofA has been consolidating for the past two weeks, bouncing almost perfectly between that support level at $7.55 and resistance at $8.20. A breakdown below $7.55 would derail the uptrend that shares had been in since BAC's swing low at the end of May. I'd recommend shorting if that breakdown happens. It's a signal that BAC can't catch a bid at a level that previously held a glut of buying pressure. For another take on Bank of America, it was also featured today in "6 Hated Stocks to Stay Away From."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV