GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK) is a molecular diagnostics company focused on developing and commercializing of its eSensor detection technology. This stock is trading up 5.8% to $5.30 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.02-$5.3052-Week Range: $3.63-$6.50 Volume: 213,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 90,843 From a technical perspective, GNMK is ripping to the upside here with heavy volume, and the stock has started to break out above some near-term overhead resistance at $5.10. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as GNMK is trending above $5.10 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 90,843 shares as bullish. If we continue to see GNMK hold a strong uptrend above $5.10, then this stock has a great chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $5.77 to $6.49. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under-$10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV