Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the acquisition, development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of cancer and renal disease. This stock is trading up 6.5% at $2.15 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.05-$2.1852-Week Range: $1.28-$5.19 Volume: 2.1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 2.4 million >>22 Biopharma Stocks With Breakout Potential From a technical perspective, KERX is ripping to the upside here with decent volume. This move has pushed the stock into breakout territory, since shares are moving above some near-term overhead resistance at $2.12. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if KERX can manage trigger a much bigger breakout trade. That trade will hit once KERX takes out some past overhead resistance at $2.34, and then its 200-day moving average of $2.65 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that's near or above 2.4 million shares. If we get that action soon, then KERX will enter its gap-down zone from back in April that took the stock from over $5 to below $2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV