NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - -- Maybe Rome is still the eternal city and maybe the movie "To Rome With Love" is packing them in and maybe lovers still enjoy trudging up the city's Spanish Steps.
But this winter, it will be a lot tougher to get from New York to Rome than it has been in decades.
That's because all three of the big U.S. international airlines plan to suspend non-stop service between New York/Newark and Rome this winter, with the flights to resume in the spring. The only non-stop service between New York and Rome is to be on Italian carrier Alitalia.
There are "no sacred cows as US airlines adjust schedules to the match
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV