PACCAR Inc’s (Nasdaq:PCAR) Board of Directors today declared a regular quarterly cash dividend in the amount of twenty cents ($.20) per share, payable on September 5, 2012, to stockholders of record at the close of business on August 17, 2012, according to Mark C. Pigott, PACCAR chairman and chief executive officer.
“The United States and Canadian Class 8 truck industry orders year-to-date are lower reflecting a weak economic recovery,” said Bob Christensen, PACCAR executive vice president. “Peterbilt and Kenworth have increased their retail sales market share to 29.8% and have begun production of their new vehicles introduced at the Mid-America Truck Show in March. DAF has also increased its market share to 16.0%, even though the European truck market is slowing. In terms of global expansion, construction of the new DAF truck factory in Brasil is progressing and will provide excellent long-term opportunities for PACCAR.”
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
PACCAR shares are traded on the Nasdaq Global Select market, symbol PCAR, and its homepage is www.paccar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV