NEW YORK ( Trefis) -- Although Sirius XM (SIRI) stock has retreated from its April levels, it may get a boost again if the company maintains the new vehicle conversion rate and the current momentum in vehicle sales sustains.
The U.S. vehicle sales for May turned out to be slower than previously expected, pointing toward a slowdown ahead. But the sales revived in June indicating full-year vehicles sales may reach a total of 14.3 million, which is even higher than the
Car sales are important for Sirius XM as the company derives a majority of its value from in-vehicle subscriptions. (See our
Given the increase in average price paid per vehicle, it appears consumers are willing to keep making vehicle purchases. This is a good sign because it reinforces that vehicle sales momentum is likely to continue. The fact that people are spending more on vehicles is likely to lead to a sustained vehicle conversion rate for Sirius XM because there is a good chance these buyers will pay for the radio service, too. Our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV