Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high performance
products, offers a substantial portfolio of power, analog, and mixed-signal solutions with advanced process and packaging technologies. With a focus on mobile innovation, Fairchild will showcase these offerings at the Portable Innovate Exhibition, July 25-26, 2012, in booth 3B21 at the Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center, China.
The mobile sector continues to see surging demand, spearheaded by smart phone and tablet products. To meet this demand, Fairchild is constantly innovating with high-efficiency design solutions that lower power consumption, extend battery life, boost on-the-go performance, deliver high-quality audio and speed time-to-market. Fairchild offers a full range of mobile solutions for one of the world's most dynamic markets for mobile technology.
Mobile product solutions will include:
Mobile Audio Solutions
Consumer demand for louder and clearer speaker sound, achieving longer battery life and higher efficiency are challenges designers face when improving their mobile device designs. Fairchild will showcase a variety of mobile audio solutions that help simplify design, lower the bill-of-material (BOM) costs and enhance the user experience.
Mobile Baseband Solutions
- Class-D audio amplifier (FAB3103) with integrated boost regulator and battery automatic gain control (AGC) is suitable for use in mobile handsets, smart phones, tablets, and portable media players that achieve high-output audio over a power supply range of 2.5V to 5.2V.
Leveraging its analog and mixed signal IC expertise, Fairchild has developed a number of easy-to-use solutions that help to reduce component count, save valuable board space, improve signal detection and provide support for multiple interfaces.
Mobile Power Solutions
Fairchild offers a range of power management solutions for mobile devices that reduce power consumption and thermal dissipation, while maximizing battery life for extended usage time.
Mobile Accessory Solutions
- High-power, high-efficiency synchronous buck converter (FAN5904) that supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G/3.5G and 4G power amplifiers (PA) and reduces power consumption in wireless-enabled mobile devices, extending connection times by more than 60 minutes.
- Low-power boost regulator (FAN4860) provides a regulated 5V output from a single-cell lithium-ion (li-ion) battery. This 300mA TinyBoost™ regulator offers power for USB on-the-go and HDMI™ communication circuits, combining a high level of efficiency with a small form factor.
- High-frequency, synchronous step-down DC-DC converter (FAN5355) with ultra-fast transient response is optimized for low-power applications using small, low-cost inductors and capacitors. The device supports up to 800mA, 1A, or 1.1A load current and is suitable for use in mobile phones and similar portable applications powered by a single-cell li-ion battery.
From automatic audio jack detection to single-switch and multi-function configuration solutions; from space and cost reducing multimedia switches to charge-time reducing USB-compliant switching chargers - Fairchild offers many analog switch solutions to fit specific design requirements.
Global Mobile Resource Center
- Audio jack MIC/GND cross point switch (FSA8049) provides audio jack detection for 3- or 4-pole accessories. The device detects the locations of the ground (GND) and microphone (MIC) poles on the audio plug and automatically routes them to the appropriate connections. This feature allows the end-user to plug accessories, such as headsets, with different audio pole configurations into the device and have them operate correctly. To watch the latest Automatic Audio Jack Detection demo video, please visit http://bcove.me/hqe0nwn8.
Fairchild will also highlight the capabilities of the
Global Mobile Resources Center
(GMRC), a new design support facility located in Shanghai. The GMRC offers mobile technology designers access to industry leading experts and provides compliance testing resources and diversified technology solutions. Designing and manufacturing products that are “right the first time,” shortens time-to-market and can generate the competitive edge needed to capture market share.
Portable Design & Power Management 2012
One of the highlighted Fairchild activities, at the show, will be our participation in the
Portable Design & Power Management 2012 conference
. Fairchild Senior Marketing Manager, Edwin Lee, will present, "The Smart Phone in the New Multimedia Era." Lee's presentation will discuss how multimedia functions are growing in popularity and are among the key features that help differentiate a good smart phone design. This session is scheduled for 10:40 a.m. on July 26.
Through events like Portable Innovate, Fairchild further demonstrates the company’s commitment to broadening and enhancing support for its customers. For more information on other Fairchild events please visit
Fairchild Semiconductor: Solutions for Your Success™.