SANTIAGO, Chile, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Banco Santander Chile (NYSE: BSAC) granted the largest loan in its history, Ch$390 billion or approximately US$800 million to Inversiones Air Products Holding Ltda for the acquisition of a controlling stake in the Chilean company Indura S.A.
This loan operation, in which Santander Chile was sole lender, was the result of the joint teamwork of Santander's teams in Chile, New York, London and Madrid.
"A loan operation of this size and in these market conditions reflects our strong business model, as well as the financial the strength and innovativeness of the Bank. This is a direct reflection of our solid levels level of liquidity and capital" stated Fred Meller Managing Director of Santander Global Banking and Markets at Santander Chile.
As per the latest public records published by the Superintendency of Banks of Chile for March 2012, Banco Santander Chile was the largest bank in terms of loans and equity. The Bank has among the highest credit ratings among all Latin American companies, with an A+ rating from Fitch, A from Standard and Poor's and Aa3 by Moody's. The stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: BSAC) and the Santiago Stock Exchange (SSE: Bsantander). The Bank's main shareholder is Santander, which controls 67% of Banco Santander Chile.For more information see www.santander.cl SOURCE Banco Santander Chile
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV