Apple announced Tuesday that the new iPad will go on sale Friday, July 20. Customers will be available to buy the new iPad online through the Apple Store, select Apple authorized resellers and by reserving it through Apple's retail stores in China.
The costs will be the same for the new iPad in China as they are in the United States. The 16 GB Wi-Fi model will cost $499, the 32 GB model will cost $599 and the 32 GB model will cost $699. The iPad Wi-Fi + cellular models will cost $629 for the 16GB model, $729 for the 32GB model and $829 for the 64GB model.
Apple has been granted a series of patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office that could expand the functionality of Passbook, and could move Apple towards the digital wallet.Passbook is a new feature in Apple's iOS 6, its new mobile operating system, and the patent covers iTravel, allowing customers to book boarding pass and utilize express check-in" features. One of the patents also covers near field communication, which could eventually lead to Apple getting into mobile payments.
Shares of Apple edged higher in early Tuesday trading, up 0.42% to $616.48. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV