BOSTON, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- STAG Industrial, Inc. (the "Company") (NYSE: STAG), a company focused on the acquisition, ownership and management of single-tenant industrial properties throughout the United States, today announced its acquisition and leasing results for the second quarter of 2012.
"The STAG team continues to take advantage of the robust opportunities for accretive external growth. We also continue to achieve internal growth through leasing in our existing portfolio. Another solid quarter for the Company," said Ben Butcher, the Company's CEO.
- AcquisitionsThe Company acquired twelve fully leased industrial facilities consisting of approximately 2.3 million square feet. On a square foot basis, these acquisitions increase the Company's asset base by over 12% compared to the prior quarter. All twelve properties were purchased at an average cap rate of 9+% based on in-place income for a total cost of approximately $74.8 million. These acquisitions bring the Company's total acquisition volume for 2012 to approximately $113 million. Since its IPO in April 2011 the Company's total acquisition volume is approximately $240 million, increasing the Company's asset base by over 49% on a square footage basis. The Company also has entered into contracts to acquire nine additional properties for a combined purchase price of approximately $62.3 million, subject to various closing conditions. These conditions have not yet been satisfied so there can be no assurance that these transactions will be consummated.
- Leasing The Company also announced that it has signed leases totaling 259,041 square feet in the second quarter of 2012. This leasing activity consists of approximately 94,132 square feet of new leases and 164,909 square feet of renewal leases. The tenant retention rate for the leases expiring in the second quarter of 2012 was 91.5%. The Company's occupancy rate for the second quarter increased to 95.7% from 94.2% at the end of the first quarter of 2012.
About STAG Industrial, Inc.STAG Industrial, Inc. is a full-service real estate company focused on the acquisition, ownership and management of single-tenant industrial properties throughout the United States. STAG's portfolio consists of 121 properties in 29 states with approximately 20.4 million rentable square feet.For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.stagindustrial.com. Forward-Looking Statements This press release, together with other statements and information publicly disseminated by STAG Industrial, Inc. (the "Company"), contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. The Company intends such forward-looking statements to be covered by the safe harbor provisions for forward-looking statements contained in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and includes this statement for purposes of complying with these safe harbor provisions. Forward-looking statements, which are based on certain assumptions and describe the Company's future plans, strategies and expectations, are generally identifiable by use of the words "believe," "will," "expect," "intend," "anticipate," "estimate," "should," "project" or similar expressions. You should not rely on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company's control and which could materially affect actual results, performances or achievements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, the risk factors discussed in the Company's annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, as updated by the Company's quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. Accordingly, there is no assurance that the Company's expectations will be realized. Except as otherwise required by the federal securities laws, the Company disclaims any obligation or undertaking to publicly release any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statement contained herein (or elsewhere) to reflect any change in the Company's expectations with regard thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV