NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Thursday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Wednesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Apache (APA), C. R. Bard (BCR) and Hormel Foods (HRL).
The energy company is slated to report second-quarter earnings on Aug. 2. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of $2.71 a share on revenue of $4.36 billion.
"The Street is concerned about APA's geopolitical risk exposure by having 22% of 2011 net output in Egypt and 6% in Argentina," Societe Generale analysts wrote in a June 21 report. "APA has not experienced operational snafus (output or payment) during the Arab Spring or the election process. And we believe that the nationalization of Repsol's YPF position in Argentina was a 'one off' and not a harbinger for APA or other companies. Nevertheless, in a headlines driven, global macro trading world, oil & gas investors have been shunning many forms of risk, which has created a very good buying opportunity."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 0.8%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV