A.P. Pharma, Inc. (OTCBB: APPA.OB), a specialty pharmaceutical company, announced today that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has allowed three new patents covering the Company’s lead product candidate, APF530, which is being developed for the prevention of both acute- and delayed-onset chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). The newly allowed patents, when issued, will extend the patent life around APF530 through 2024.
“The newly allowed patents are instrumental in bolstering APF530’s overall patent life and will extend the intellectual property protection surrounding the product through 2024,” said John B. Whelan, A.P. Pharma’s president and chief executive officer. “A.P. Pharma continues to make advancements related to APF530 beyond clinical and regulatory development, and the allowance of these patents provides added strength to the APF530 patent estate and will help support the product’s longevity.”
- U.S. Patent application number 13/279,949, entitled “Process for Preparing a Semi-Solid Delivery Vehicle Comprising Granisetron,” relates to methods for preparing extended release formulations of granisetron.
- U.S. Patent application number 13/279,938, entitled “Methods of Treating Emesis Utilizing Semi-Solid Pharmaceutical Compositions Comprising Granisetron,” relates to methods for the treatment of emesis using extended release formulations of granisetron.
- U.S. Patent application number 12/564,881, entitled “Semi-Solid Delivery Vehicle and Pharmaceutical Compositions for Delivery of Granisetron,” relates to compositions for extended delivery of granisetron.
Additional information regarding these patent applications can be found on the USPTO website. APF530 is already covered by multiple issued patents on the polymer technology and formulations that extend into 2021.About APF530 A.P. Pharma's lead product, APF530, is in development for the prevention of both acute-onset and delayed-onset chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). APF530 contains the 5-HT3 antagonist, granisetron, formulated in the Company’s proprietary Biochronomer™ drug delivery system, which allows therapeutic drug levels to be maintained for five days with a single subcutaneous injection. Intravenous and oral formulations containing granisetron are approved for the prevention of acute-onset CINV, but not delayed-onset CINV. Granisetron was selected because it is widely prescribed by physicians based on a well-established record of safety and efficacy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV