A.P. Pharma, Inc. (OTCBB: APPA.OB), a specialty pharmaceutical company, announced today that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has allowed three new patents covering the Company’s lead product candidate, APF530, which is being developed for the prevention of both acute- and delayed-onset chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). The newly allowed patents, when issued, will extend the patent life around APF530 through 2024.
“The newly allowed patents are instrumental in bolstering APF530’s overall patent life and will extend the intellectual property protection surrounding the product through 2024,” said John B. Whelan, A.P. Pharma’s president and chief executive officer. “A.P. Pharma continues to make advancements related to APF530 beyond clinical and regulatory development, and the allowance of these patents provides added strength to the APF530 patent estate and will help support the product’s longevity.”
- U.S. Patent application number 13/279,949, entitled “Process for Preparing a Semi-Solid Delivery Vehicle Comprising Granisetron,” relates to methods for preparing extended release formulations of granisetron.
- U.S. Patent application number 13/279,938, entitled “Methods of Treating Emesis Utilizing Semi-Solid Pharmaceutical Compositions Comprising Granisetron,” relates to methods for the treatment of emesis using extended release formulations of granisetron.
- U.S. Patent application number 12/564,881, entitled “Semi-Solid Delivery Vehicle and Pharmaceutical Compositions for Delivery of Granisetron,” relates to compositions for extended delivery of granisetron.
Additional information regarding these patent applications can be found on the USPTO website. APF530 is already covered by multiple issued patents on the polymer technology and formulations that extend into 2021.About APF530 A.P. Pharma's lead product, APF530, is in development for the prevention of both acute-onset and delayed-onset chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (CINV). APF530 contains the 5-HT3 antagonist, granisetron, formulated in the Company’s proprietary Biochronomer™ drug delivery system, which allows therapeutic drug levels to be maintained for five days with a single subcutaneous injection. Intravenous and oral formulations containing granisetron are approved for the prevention of acute-onset CINV, but not delayed-onset CINV. Granisetron was selected because it is widely prescribed by physicians based on a well-established record of safety and efficacy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV