Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) marks the official start to the 2012 back-to-school shopping season today by ringing the “First Bell” at NASDAQ and announcing guaranteed savings on an amazing assortment of supplies, technology and new products through several exciting deals. As the premier shopping destination for the season, Staples offers customers extreme penny deals, the Back-to-School Savings Pass, money back on technology and an interactive Back-to-School Center on Staples.com.
Stephanie Vailas, a student at Northeastern University in Boston, browses the binder collection at Staples (Photo: Business Wire)
“Staples makes it easy to shop with amazing savings for back-to-school throughout the season,” said Demos Parneros, president of U.S. Retail for Staples, Inc. “Students go through countless school supplies, and Staples is committed to providing incredible value so parents can make sure kids have what they need for a successful school year.”
As any family can attest, students “just can’t get enough” school supplies- a message Staples is bringing to light in a new ad campaign. The ad features the iconic 80’s tune “Just Can’t Get Enough” and takes a whimsical look at how students go through school supplies- always needing to stock up on more. The ad highlights how Staples’ guaranteed savings help ensure students never run out of supplies. The campaign consists of a variety of television spots including :30 and :15 versions showcasing savings. The campaign will begin airing nationally starting July 22 on programs including America’s Got Talent, Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, CSI, The Mentalist, Two and a Half Men and Rules of Engagement.
GUARANTEED SAVINGS ON SUPPLIES
- Back-to-School Savings Pass. Customers can save 15 percent throughout the season with the Staples Back-to-School Savings Pass. Available for purchase for $10 while supplies last, the BTS Savings Pass is valid until Sept. 15 for use once a day on supplies including pens, pencils, paper, notebooks and backpacks. The savings pass is not applicable on technology such as computers and calculators.
- Recycle a Binder and Save: Stock up on new binders with this eco-friendly, money savings solution. Shoppers will receive $2 off the purchase of a new binder for each binder they bring in to recycle with this first-of-its kind program with TerraCycle. The instant discount can be used for any binder sold at Staples including Staples BETTER® Binders, and Martha Stewart Home Office™ with Avery™ binders.
- Hot Buys. Take advantage of extreme deals through the weekly circular at www.staples.com/weeklyad featuring items as low as a penny. For example, this week shoppers will find incredible deals such as selected glue, crayons and BIC pens for just a penny and a five pack of Sharpies for $1.
- Must Have Tablet: Jointly developed between ASUS and Google, Nexus 7 is the world’s first 7” quad-core tablet, built to bring the best of Google in a slim, portable package that fits perfectly in your hand. It’s powered by Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean, the latest version of the world’s most popular mobile platform. Nexus 7 was made for Google Play™, with all the entertainment you love right in your hand. Nexus 7 already comes preloaded with content to read and watch right away. Nexus 7 is now available for presale on Staples.com and will be available at Staples stores nationwide later this month.
- Save on Laptops: Students who purchase select laptops and show a student ID or college acceptance letter will receive a $100 Visa prepaid card via EasyRebate. Select HP, Toshiba and Lenovo laptops feature high performance, sleek designs and long battery life
- Update to Windows 8: This exclusive Staples Worry-Free PC Promise- a $100 value- allows customers to purchase any new computer and receive free online training, free phone support and a $15 Visa prepaid card when they update to Windows 8. Consumers who buy qualifying Windows 7-based PCs will get Windows 8 Pro for $14.99. These offers together allow customers to buy a new computer knowing they can update to Windows 8, and Staples will cover the cost of the update as well as offer training and address questions.
- Setup and Save : Staples EasyTech will ensure students’ tech is up and running all year long with expert advice in-store and online. Students who show their ID in store will get a $25 Visa prepaid card via EasyRebate with the Staples Premier PC Setup ($99), which includes setup, data transfer and more.
- Staples is also making it easy for its customers to give back this season with the Staples for Students national school supply drive. Now through September 15, Staples and DoSomething.org, along with teen actress/singer Bella Thorne, are encouraging teens to collect school supplies to help local students in need.