(NYSE MKT: BRD; TSX: BRD) – Brigus Gold Corp. (“Brigus” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that it has met its production guidance for a second consecutive quarter. During the second quarter of 2012, the Company produced 18,254 ounces of gold at an average grade of 3.30 grams per tonne (gpt) and a projected cash cost of between $800 and $825 per ounce. Production at the Company’s Black Fox Mine continues to increase as development progresses towards larger ore zones at depth.
|Ounces Produced||Average Grade|
The Q2 production target was achieved despite operating challenges. Severe forest fires in the region resulted in the shutdown of the Company’s Black Fox Mill for four days as well as intermittent suspension of mining operations due to smoke and power supply issues. There was no damage to the Company’s assets or the key safety components of the mill due to the fires.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV