This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
Stocks Under $10 with 50-100% upside potential - 14 days FREE!

(Graphic: Business Wire)

Stocks in this article: GFA

Delivered Projects

Gafisa delivered 67 projects encompassing 6,032 units during the second quarter of this year, a 38% increase on the 4,359 delivered during 2Q11. The 1H12 result equates to 51% of full-year guidance. In 1H12, the projects delivered by the Gafisa Group reached 12,197 units, representing a 64% y-o-y increase. See the accompanying chart for detailed information.

Chart 1. Delivered units (2007 – 2Q12) (See graphic.)

Consolidated Launches

Second-quarter 2012 launches totaled R$546.5 million, an 18% increase compared to 1Q12. Y-o-Y launches decreased 60% due to the implementation of the turnaround strategy announced at the end of 2011. The result represents 34% of the mid-range of full-year launch guidance of R$2.7 to R$3.3 billion and is in keeping with seasonally lower launches in the first half. 11 projects/phases were launched across 5 states in 1H12, with Gafisa accounting for 67% of launches and Alphaville the remaining 33%.

Table 1. Gafisa Group Launches (R$ million)

Launches       2Q12       1Q12       Q/Q(%)       2Q11       Y/Y(%)       1H12       1H11       Y/Y(%)    
Gafisa Segment 465,900 214,690 117% 935,259 -50% 680,590 1,163,562 -42%
Alphaville Segment 80,619 249,050 -68% 95,567 -16% 329,669 277,482 19%
Tenda Segment       0       0       0%       349,443       nm       0       451,832       nm
Total       546,519       463,740       18%       1,380,270       -60%       1,010,259       1,892,875       -47%

Note: NM not meaningful

2 of 8

Select the service that is right for you!

Action Alerts PLUS
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
  • Weekly roundups
TheStreet Quant Ratings
Try it NOW
Only $49.95/yr

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
  • Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Stocks Under $10
Try it NOW

David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
  • Weekly roundups
Dividend Stock Advisor
Try it NOW

Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
  • Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Real Money Pro
Try it NOW

All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.

Product Features:
  • Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
  • Intraday commentary & news
  • Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Options Profits
Try it NOW

Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • 100+ monthly options trading ideas
  • Actionable options commentary & news
  • Real-time trading community
  • Options TV
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!


DOW 18,053.71 +23.50 0.13%
S&P 500 2,088.77 +6.89 0.33%
NASDAQ 4,806.8590 +33.3870 0.70%

Brokerage Partners

Rates from

  • Mortgage
  • Credit Cards
  • Auto

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs