The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau unveiled redesigned forms that mortgage borrowers would get after applying for a loan but before closing on the house. The forms would be available three days before closing.
The proposal aims to prevent costly surprises and help people understand the true cost of a loan. It also increases protections for consumers who take out higher-cost mortgages.
Intel takes stake in ASMLAMSTERDAM (AP) â¿¿ ASML Holding NV, the world's largest supplier of equipment to computer chip manufacturers, says Intel Corp. will take a 15 percent stake in the company to help fund research into new technologies, and other large ASML customers may also do the same. In an emailed statement Monday, ASML said it may issue up to â¿¬4.19 billion ($5.15 billion) worth of new shares â¿¿ a 25 percent expansion. Intel said in a statement it will hold a total of 15 percent of ASML's issued shares, and the total equity investment will be â¿¬2.5 billion ($3.07 billion). ___ Windows 8 computers to go on sale in October SAN FRANCISCO (AP) â¿¿ Computers running on the next version of Microsoft's Windows operating system will go on sale in October. Microsoft Corp. announced the time frame for Windows 8's mass-market release Monday in Toronto. A specific sales date in October wasn't provided. Most industry analysts expected Windows 8 would go on sale in the fall to ensure that the machines running on the operating system would be available for the holiday shopping season. Consumers and businesses who don't want to buy new computers will be able to buy Windows 8 and upgrade their systems. ___ Patriot Coal files for bankruptcy reorganization NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Patriot Coal Corp. is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to restructure its business as it deals with reduced demand for coal and rising costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV