Peabody Energy Corporation (BTU) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Peabody Energy Corporation fell $1.55 (-6.2%) to $23.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12.1 million shares of Peabody Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.18-$25 after having opened the day at $24.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.86. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Patriot Coal Corporation (PCX), down 35.2%, James River Coal Company (JRCC), down 18.9%, Jaguar Mining (JAG), down 10.3%, and Quaterra Resources (QMM), down 9.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Peabody Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BTU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV