Dow Chemical (DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell 32 cents (-1%) to $31.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.05-$31.51 after having opened the day at $31.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.51. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Tronox (TROX), down 17.6%, Cereplast (CERP), down 13.2%, Kronos Worldwide (KRO), down 8.6%, and Solazyme (SZYM), down 6.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DOW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV