Union Pacific (UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $1.24 (1.1%) to $117.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $116.37-$118.46 after having opened the day at $116.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $116.75. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Covenant Transportation Group (CVTI), up 7.3%, USA Truck (USAK), up 6.3%, Newlead Holdings (NEWL), up 3.6%, and Central North Airport Group (OMAB), up 3.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UNP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV