Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1003.43 (0.8%) to $124901 on average volume. Throughout the day, 549 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123629-$125475 after having opened the day at $123843 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123897.57. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: American Independence Corporation (AMIC), up 8%, Homeowners Choice (HCII), up 7.1%, 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), up 5.5%, and Triple-S Management Corporation (GTS), up 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BRK.A
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV