ALBANY, N.Y., July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trans World Entertainment Corporation (Nasdaq: TWMC) today announced it has named John Anderson acting Chief Financial Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Anderson has served in positions of increasing responsibility at Trans World for over 18 years, most recently serving as Controller since September 2006. Mr. Anderson will be replacing Tom Seaver who will be leaving the Company to pursue other opportunities after a short transition period.
Mike Honeyman, President and COO, said: "We are very pleased to announce John as our acting CFO. John has been a valued member of our leadership team and has a strong track record of delivering results. He's ideally suited to oversee the company's financial operations and support our efforts to grow and deliver value for our shareholders. Also, we thank Tom Seaver for his service and wish him well in the future."
As acting Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Anderson will lead Trans World Entertainment's financial planning and financial reporting divisions.
Trans World Entertainment is a leading specialty retailer of entertainment products, including video, music, electronics, trend, video games and related products. The Company operates retail stores in the United States, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico, primarily under the names f.y.e. for your entertainment and Suncoast and on the web at www.fye.com , www.wherehouse.com , and www.secondspin.com .www.twec.com SOURCE Trans World Entertainment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV